Monday, April 12, 2010

Too Young to be Old

I think I'm getting older. No, its not just the hugely long gray hair I found yesterday, its the wanting to slow down and be comfortable thing. I've worked "shift" work my entire life. Odd hours, long days, very unpredictable. For the first time in my life, I think I'd like something different. I'll always be an adrenaline junky, but, maybe, it doesn't have to be at the expense of my health.
I was talking with a friend of mine today and she said I must be looking for stability. That I'm finally settling down. That I'm ready to be a wife, and maybe even a mom. This was from someone who has convinced herself she never wants to be a mom. So, am I old?
How is it that I go from struggling that I'm too old to have a baby, to, I'm too young to want to work Monday through Friday, 9am - 5pm? Why does there always have to be so much duality in life?
Maybe, I'm the perfect age to be a mom, say, over the next five years, and maybe, over the next five years, I can find a career, and a job, that allows me to be there for my husband and my kids, on a more "normal" schedule.
But man, that was a long gray hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment