Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sex

This morning I had great sex. I mean really extraordinary, life changing sex.

Its really never about the pleasure, although that is definitely a bonus. Its more about the sharing, the freeness, the ability to communicate with my partner in such a way, knowing him, his wants, and feeling absolutely no shame or judgement. When two people can really become one, having only one purpose, that of giving and in so doing pleasing, is quite amazing. I don't think I'm even saying it right, because there is just no word, phrase, or even book, that truly and accurately describes loving sex.

If we had never had sex, or were never to have sex again, he would still remain my partner for life. The man that I want to spend my time with, share my life with, care for every day. But the sex, its like a circle, a completion. A bond formed of trust. A whitewashing of everything around us. When we're making love, its like we are the sole inhabitants of our entire environment. There are no neighbors, no children, no thoughts outside of us.

Our sex is never repetitive, never monotonous, never expected. Its merely a continuation of the love that we show each other every day in every other way.

I sometimes think about what our sex will be like as we get older. Even if our bodies get tired, less flexible, more aged, there is nothing that will change my thoughts, the use of words, looks, closeness. It would only be another challenge to concur to make love as enthusiastically and ferociously within the new set of confines. I'll be damned if I'm not still screaming in pleasure when I'm 80.

No comments:

Post a Comment