Thursday, July 1, 2010

Domestic Partnership

I have to admit, I am now someone's partner... and it all happened so fast!

LOL!

I know it doesn't change things between us, in fact, it's about the least "official" you can be, but, it is legal, and it is binding, so, I guess it means something.

Now why would I get weirded out after the fact? I've wanted to marry this man for six months, and now that we're in a government recognized relationship, all of a sudden I get cold feet?

As I think it through, which I'm trying to do, I think it's two-fold. One, still really scared of committment. Still sure that its going to make our relationship go bad, although that is an incredibly irrational thought. Second, I guess I'm a bit afraid that this may keep us from actually getting married. Like this is all thats really needed, when I admit, although I don't want a dress and church and any of that... I still want a ceremony, somewhere, sometime, not my banker notarizing a piece of paper.

Well, we'll see what happens. Just calm down girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment